Week 2 of the NYC Media Blitz:
Hundreds of Letters to the Editor
Congratulations ReThink911 supporters – last week 2,100 emails were sent to five major news organizations in New York!
Join us for Week 2 of the ReThink911 NYC Media Blitz as we flood four major newspapers in the New York area – the Daily News, New York Post, Newsday and the Newark Star-Ledger – with hundreds of “Letters to the Editor”.
Please take Wednesday and Thursday to compose your letter. Then on Friday, October 18 join hundreds of people in sending your letter to all four newspapers. The goal: they will receive hundreds of letters in one day (Friday) and be compelled to publish at least one or two of the very best letters. At a minimum, all four newspapers will be put on notice about the growing ReThink911 campaign.
Instructions for Writing Your Letter
- Make sure your letter is no more than 200 words in length.
- Use the ReThink911 billboard in Times Square as a springboard for educating readers about the destruction of World Trade Center Building 7.
- Optional: touch on the fact that 1 in 2 Americans still don’t know a third tower fell on 9/11, according to a recent YouGov poll.
- Email addresses to send to:
- Daily News: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New York Post: email@example.com
- Newsday: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Star-Ledger: email@example.com
We will send a reminder email on Friday, October 18. Thank you for stepping up and making your voice heard!