We did it again. I, along with 96 other AE911Truth petition signers who are members of the American Institute of Architects (AIA), have sponsored a bold resolution that calls upon the AIA to officially support a new WTC 7 investigation.
Earlier this week the AIA released its Official Delegate Information Booklet. Our resolution, number 16-3 on page 36, is one of just three that will be voted on.
Unlike last year’s resolution, this one contains three pages of powerful evidence upon which we're basing our call for a new investigation. At least 1,000 AIA members — if not more — will lay eyes on it in the next six weeks.
AIA Resolution Campaign 2.0
Throughout the AIA’s history, many resolutions have been voted down but have returned to the convention floor several times. One notable example was the effort to pass an anti-war resolution during the Vietnam War. As advocates for one of the most challenging issues of our time, we should expect no different.
Last year we captured only 4% of the vote. But we also learned some lessons that will help in our attempt to win a much larger share this year:
- Include the most significant evidence in the resolution, thus ensuring that the delegates are educated about WTC 7 when they cast their votes;
- Send our materials to the heads of the local AIA chapters before they meet to discuss the resolutions;
- Make personal contact: Have one-on-one conversations with delegates at the convention and arrange for as many AIA members as possible to speak on behalf of the resolution at the business meeting.
Our “AIA Resolution Campaign 2.0” is designed to do all of the above.
Help Launch The Campaign Now!
This is one of the most crucial times of the year for AE911Truth.
Over the next six weeks, we'll be campaigning for this resolution — that is, educating thousands of architects and gaining hundreds of new petition signers at the AIA convention. We need your help to make it all possible.
Our campaign budget this time around has been trimmed to $20,000 — $5,000 less than last year. To reach this goal, we need 800 contributions averaging $25.
Here’s what your donation will pay for:
- A 10’ x 10’ expo booth plus accessories, which costs over $5,000 (we’re spending $5,000 less than last year by not going with the 20’ x 20’ booth);
- Travel and lodging for our staff and a handful of AIA members, all of whom will participate in our on-the-floor educational efforts;
- A full-scale multimedia blitz, which will include a mailer (soon-to-be-released) to 2,300 local, regional, and national AIA leaders, and an online landing page devoted to educating AIA members about the resolution.
Please stand by our unyielding efforts to bring the WTC evidence to A/E communities across the U.S. It is only through your ongoing generosity and our relentless perseverance that the breakthrough we need will come.
Thank you for making the difference.
Dan Barnum, FAIA
Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth